Good afternoon Lakeshore!
This Sunday the Reverend Marie Onwubuariri will be our guest preacher. Marie is former pastor of MarArthur Community Baptist Church in San Pablo and current Director of Admissions of American Baptist Seminary of the West. Marie will also be the adult leader of Lakeshore’s All Church Retreat in August. As a trained cross-cultural communications consultant and an esteemed colleague in ministry, I look forward to sharing our worship service with Marie.
The Scripture for Sunday comes from Romans 7:15-25a. In this passage Paul wrestles with the discord between the man he is and the man he wants to be. Marie’s sermon is Mindfulness Matters. Being mindful of ourselves, our actions and our desires is spiritual practice that allows us to more fully develop into the people God has called us to be.
I hope to see you on Sunday!
Prayers of the Congregation
- Bette Pancoe – home from the hospital
- Dick Ice – health concerns
- Esther Hargis and Marty Olney – Esther has been diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer
- Carol and Steve Leichter as they travel
- All who are incarcerated and all who work with and minister to them
- Pastor Jim on sabbatical – may his days be filled with rest and restoration
- Kay Baxter for Stacey and Jaime
- Jesse Lucas for the family of his ex-wife who passed away last week
- Garth Sorensen for Chuck and Ramona Shawver in Mexico
- Helen Harrison for Karen Casey
- Gloria and Phil Meads for John and Jon as they seek employment
- Thanksgiving that Mary Karne was able to be with us in worship
- Thanksgiving with Ted and Doris Evans who are celebrating 70 years of marriage