The sanctuary is abuzz with children, teens and adults this week as Vacation Bible Camp is in full swing. I greet kids each morning and they let me know what they have been learning: that no matter who you are, no matter how you feel, no matter what people do, no matter what happens, and no matter where you are…trust God! And judging by the observations of the teen leaders and the parents, the kids are really getting the message. In fact, the kids’ ability to grasp these fundamental Biblical truths beckons us all to grasp them more fully for ourselves!
This Sunday, we will celebrate the message of Vacation Bible Camp – Everything is Possible with God. Come to spend time with the Scripture that teaches us this truth, Matthew 19:19-26. Come to participate in the spiritual practice of play. Come to see for yourselves all the kids have been learning at Bible Camp. And don’t be surprised if you happen to see a few pigs flying on Sunday – everything is possible with God, after all!
Prayers of the Congregation
- Virginia Cheatham – Piedmont Gardens
- Gloria Joseph – hospitalized in Los Angeles
- Bette Pancoe
- Sylvia Lee
- Marie Johnson – recuperating from knee surgery
- Stan Hastey, former Executive Director of the Alliance of Baptists, as he mourns his mother’s passing
- Beverly Romney as she mourns her husband’s passing
- All who are grieving
- Gloria and Phil Meads for Cynthia (health concerns)
- Pastor and Mrs. Ben Bardoquillo (friends of Tess Benin) for Mrs. Bardoquillo who is battling cancer
- Larry Sims for the Sims family, Larry’s brother and sister, and the grandkids
- Kay Baxter for Stacey, Jamie and Marite Abbott
- Thanksgiving for all who are participating in Vacation Bible Camp, and especially for Camp Director Karen Okusu
- Thanksgiving for the ministry of Erica Quinn (Happy Birthday Erica!)
- Thanksgiving for the life and ministry of Rod Romney
- Thanksgiving for Jennifer Pancoe who successfully completed the Avon Walk this weekend (all 39.3 miles!)
- Lakeshore will host a memorial service for Rod Romney on Sunday afternoon, July 29, at 2 p.m. Beverly Romney will be present.
- De-decoration from VBC will take place at 12:30 on Sunday. Anyone who could stay and help out is encouraged to do so!