And Happy Easter one last time before the season culminates in the celebrative worship of Pentecost this Sunday (don’t forget to wear red). May the joy of the resurrection continue to fill us with hope and celebration – even amidst the challenges of our daily lives.
Our Scripture this Sunday comes from Ezekiel 37 – The Valley of Dry Bones. Although not a traditional Pentecost text, this is an equally inspiring story of resurrection, re-creation and celebration of the Spirit of God moving in new ways in the world around us. Through this text, we will consider together the spiritual practice of celebration.
I look forward to worshiping together on Sunday!
Prayers of the Congregation
- Carol and Steve Leichter – Steve is hospitalized in Minnesota
- Bette Pancoe – health concerns
- Dick Ice – health concerns
- Esther Hargis and Marty Olney as Esther prepares for cancer treatments
- Michael Sumrall who lost a close cousin last week
- All who are looking for work
- Helen Harrison for Karen Casey
- Debra Dizin for Lisa who has undiagnosed health concerns
- Mary Karne for her daughter Maryla who just lost her husband
- Ann Fields for Scott and Bryan
- Toni Daniels for Jullien and Pamela, and for herself and her husband
- Chris Boisvert for his mom and his friend Christian
- Thanksgiving with Ted and Doris Evans who are celebrating 70 years of marriage
There are still about five tickets available to Friday night’s A’s vs. Yankees Game (with fireworks). Tickets are $20 (which includes a $6 food voucher) and proceeds go to support the teens going to Washington D.C. this summer. If you would like a ticket, please contact me ASAP.