Thanks to Sandra Lee for her fine sermon on Sunday. It was a wonderful invitation for us ponder our own connection to the Baptist belief in the “priesthood of all believers.” Thanks also to the Voices of Lakeshore for their beautiful renditions of “Kyrie Eleison (Lord, Have Mercy) throughout the month.
Limited Parking – March 25 is Palm Sunday. As is our tradition we will begin worship on the front steps and process into the Sanctuary singing “All Glory, Laud and Honor.” Take note, March 25 is also the date of the Oakland Running Festival/Oakland Marathon. The races start and end in the Lakeview Library Park and many of the runners park on the streets near the church. Get information about street closures here.
Prayers for our children – We give thanks with Cameron and Phillip Martin and family on the birth of Theodore Depree Martin on March 17. We pray with Joyce Jones and family for the health of little Jaxon Lozier. He is currently in Children’s Hospital ICU,
Socks Appeal –Our Good Friday Service this year will be a prayer procession beginning at noon at Corinthian Baptist Church (920 Castro) and covering a 3/4 mile loop with stops to pray and deliver food and care packages to several of the homeless encampments. Please bring a care packages with toiletries and socks as well as food that does not need to be cooked to the procession. The Seafarers Ministry of the Golden Gate is also collecting socks for care packages. Please bring these socks to the church.
Curb Appeal – Join us this Saturday, March 24 from 9-12, to help get the church ready for Easter. There are flower beds to weed, windows to be washed, closets and cupboards to be organized and a front porch to be painted.
Prayers of the Congregation
- Thanksgiving for safe arrival of Theodore Depree Martin
- Healing for Jaxon Lozier
- Dave Gattey (health)
- Alice Edmondson (health)
- Ryan Parker for his dad (health)
- Thanksgiving for the ministry of the LABC Hunger Task Force
- Thanksgiving for the ministry of Interfaith Council of Alameda County
- Thanksgiving for the Seafarers Ministry of the Golden Gate
- All who are grieving
- All who live with depression and anxiety
- All who care for another
- All who are traveling
- The Meads family for Edgar and Jean
- All who will March Against Gun-Violence this Saturday
- All who are working for a world without suicide
- Kay Baxter for her family
- Sandra Dunn (health)
- Karen Hopkins and family as the mourn the death of her uncle, Roy Hathaway (her dad’s brother)
- Sydney Webster as she works for hospice in Everett, WA
- Teresa Hopkins (health)