It is becoming tradition at Lakeshore, on the Sunday closest to the 4th of July, to celebrate religious liberty in worship. Baptist faith celebrates religious freedom, church freedom, Bible freedom and soul freedom. This Sunday, as we focus on the spiritual practice of Bible reading, we will celebrate our freedom to read and interpret the Bible for ourselves – and in community.
Our Scripture text for Sunday comes from Psalm 119:105-112. In this passage we are reminded that the Bible serves as “a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.” The sermon, “The Bible Matters” will be a sermon of word and practice. Come to worship and read Scripture together, and then plan to stay for the All Church Picnic and BBQ afterwards!
Prayers of the Congregation
- Virginia Cheatham – Summit Hospital
- George White – recovering from shoulder surgery
- Gordon White – recovering from a broken hip
- Bette Pancoe
- Ted Evans – health concerns
- Robert Wilkins – problems with his foot
- Theresako Harris for her Aunt Elaine
- Marie Johnson as she prepares for knee surgery (July 5)
- Katrina Lau who is preparing for neck surgery
- Carol Leichter for Steve who fell twice last week and for Dave who recently entered a recovery program
- Gloria and Phil Meads for Martha Ettinger facing inoperable throat cancer
- The family and friends of Ray Valasco as they mourn his passing
- Celebration with Curtis Michael Brown who received endorsement and clergy recognition for Navy chaplaincy from the Alliance of Baptists