It feels like a quiet week at Lakeshore in contrast to last week’s Vacation Bible Camp – with over with 40 campers, teens and adults singing God’s praises and learning how to be peacemakers.
This week has a much more somber tone, as we seek to come to grips with the death of our beloved minister Paul Keener. During the Forum this Sunday, there will be an opportunity to share how you are coping with this great loss. A memorial service will take place on Friday, August 3, at 11 a.m. If you are able to help with the repast, please contact Sheila Sims (email@example.com).
This Sunday we welcome The Reverend Dr. Chris Schelin (better known as Emma’s dad!) to our pulpit. Chris will preach from Exodus 25:1-9 and his sermon is titled “Dwellers in the House of God.”
I look forward to being together on Sunday.
Prayers of the Congregation
- All who are mourning, may they find comfort
- All who live with mental illness
- All who are searching for stable housing
- All immigrants, refugees and displaced persons
- All who are longing to be healed
- All who are incarcerated
- All who care for another
- All our families with young children and all our families who are expecting children
- All who deal with addiction
- All who lead, exercise power and make decisions that impact others in significant ways
- All who are traveling
- All who offer prayers for the well being of others
Teacher Match has begun. If you would like to donate school supplies to local teachers, check out the table in the Narthex or contact Carol Ash (firstname.lastname@example.org).