The season of Easter continues this week!
- On Tuesday evening Soup and Study returns (6:00-Soup, 6:30-Study) as we begin a study of “The Prayers of the Old and New Testaments.”
- On Saturday LABC Reads meets at 9:00 in the Library to discuss Plainsong by Kent Harroup and our choir will be singing at an Environmental Justice Rally at Lake Merritt (11:45 at the Amphitheater at the south end of the lake).
- In our Intergenerational Worship Service on Sunday baptism will be the theme. We are planning on three baptisms and those that have previously been baptized will be invited to receive a few drops of water in reconfirmation of their baptisms.
The Chalice Hymnal includes a wonderful “Welcome After Baptism,” #369. The opening words are, “[name] and [name] have risen from the waters of baptisms to newness of life. They have become one with witness of God from all times and places. Through baptism, God promises them the gift of the Holy spirit to nurture them all the days of their lives. Let us add our blessing and pledge our love as we welcome them into this living community of faith.” I trust that we all will experience the spirit of these words on Sunday.
The Prayers of the Congregation
- Ken Kirkey and family as they mourn the death of Ken’s husband’s (Cliff) aunt and uncle
- Rod Murray as he recuperates from surgery
- Chris Sims as he recuperates from surgery
- All who will be baptized on Sunday
- All who will reconfirm their baptisms
- All our homebound members
- Kay Baxter for her family
- Our Sunday visitors
- All who come to the church for assistance
- All who live with mental illness and their families
- Gloria and Phil Meads for Del and Sue
- Zondra Martin for the President of the United States, for peace on earth and that the earth will be rid from sin
- Alean Saunders-Coffey
Declan Brown is looking for a good home for his beloved cat, Tony. If you have an idea please let me know.